On behalf of the Women in American Medical Informatics (AMIA) Committee
, we are giving scholarship awards to undergraduate women and underrepresented minority women with an interest in informatics and/or science, technology, math, engineering (STEM) to attend the 2019 AMIA Symposium
“First Look” Program on November 17, 2019 in Washington, D.C. We are seeking women who have entered at least their sophomore year as of September 1, 2019.
Our objectives for students participating in the AMIA First Look program are to:
1. provide underrepresented undergraduate students with an interest in informatics and/or STEM an opportunity to learn about the field of informatics by attending key symposium events on November 17th;
2. introduce and engage students in the Women in AMIA community by interacting with women in informatics through assigned mentored guides and both formal and informal networking receptions; and
3. equip students with resources for internship and post-graduate career “next-steps” in informatics by networking and making connections with industry and educational professionals in the exhibit hall.
Additional benefits for students participating in the AMIA First Look program include:
• Free full-conference registration. Students are welcome to attend all of the conference days;
• Meal and travel allowance for November 17th (the mandatory participation day);
• Networking with the program sponsor on November 17th (the mandatory participation day); and
• Opportunity to join the online AMIA undergraduate community to stay informed and connected.
Please fill out this application form
to be considered for a full scholarship and $25 travel stipend to the AMIA First Look program. We have limited availability for this opportunity. Selected students will be notified at the latest by October 9th. If you have any questions, please email Dr. Tiffani Bright at: firstname.lastname@example.org